This Sunday we celebrate Mother’s Day in Australia; whilst we like to think we show our appreciation to our mothers every day…many of us forget, or maybe live far away (like me) and don’t get the opportunity. Mother’s Day is the one day of the year, where we really are reminded to say THANK YOU in one form or another to our mothers and celebrate motherhood.
With the glorious autumnal weather, we have been enjoying on the Sunshine Coast, it’s a great time of year to take your mum out somewhere (if you can) and spoil her – there’s so much to see and do, from the hinterland to the beaches.
Some ideas include:
- A lovely walk along the beach followed by brunch at one of the many beachside cafes;
- Lunch up in the mountains at one of the Blackall Range eateries (make sure you book);
- Take her to see a movie (of her choice) at a local cinema;
- Invite her around to your home and cook up a delicious meal;
- Have a family BBQ either at home or a local park;
- A boat trip out on the water with some champagne and fresh seafood;
For the more active: participate in the Mother’s Day Classic raising money for breast cancer (you can walk or run).
For those who’s mother’s have passed, it is a day of mixed emotions; and for those who are unable to physically see their mother on this special day, you can still let them know you are thinking of them.
Happy Mother’s Day!