Well, it’s Easter-Eve, so (most) of us are preparing for some sort of break, whilst some of us with school-aged children may also be on holidays. Here on the Sunshine Coast, we are so blessed with so much to do on our doorstep, it doesn’t matter if you can’t get away on holidays, you can have a fabulous ‘Staycation’ at home!
Below are just a few of the many things to do over the Easter weekend and during the school holidays:
- Beach – yep, it’s a no-brainer, if the weather’s good (which it generally is) head to the beach, you are spoilt for choice, from Noosa North Shore down to Caloundra, we have some of Australia’s (if not the world’s) best beaches. Please remember though to slip, slop, slap and to swim between the flags.
- River – go fishing or picnic by one of our magnificent waterways, we have majestic rivers and glorious lakes.
- Ginger Factory – there’s heaps to do over the Easter holidays at Yandina’s historic Ginger Factory – a full program of school holiday activities are running all week, including Gruffalo spotting! gingerfactory.com.au
- Family Opera – The Owl and the Pussycat is running at Venue 114 at Bokarina on Tuesday April 13 – there’s only two performances, so be quick to book. venue114.com.au
- Mary Valley Rattler – this historic steam train will be running over the weekend and there will even be an Easter Egg hunt at Amamoor. Additional services will also be running across the school holidays. maryvalleyrattler.com.au
- SeaLife – there’s always so much to see and do at Mooloolaba’s SeaLife, particularly on the holidays with a host of extra activities including a new adventure for kids to help ‘Stop the Marine Mayhem’ running from April 1 – 30. visitsealife.com/sunshine-coast
- Mini Golf – Maroochy River Golf Club is running mini golf – great fun for the whole family, and you can also enjoy a meal afterwards at the bistro. maroochyriverminigolf.com.au
- Climb Mount Coolum – if you haven’t already done so, or even if you have – do it again. Not only is it a FREE easy way of keeping fit, but you are also rewarded at the top with a 360 degree panoramic view that is truly breath-taking.
- Movies – the movies are always popular in all-weather, and there are heaps of great movies on over the holidays including Peter Rabbit 2 – check out your local cinema guide for times. There are cinemas at Noosa, Caloundra, Kawana, Maroochydore, and Nambour.
- Bluey’s Big Play – this is a brand-new theatrical adaptation of the popular ABC children’s television show, being performed at the Caloundra Events Centre over the holidays. theventscentre.com.au
The above are just a few of the many things to see and do across the Sunshine Coast…there is much more, you probably have your very own list of favourites. Whatever you do – enjoy and stay safe.